2019 – what it looks like…
Don’t expect things to calm down! It’s time for the real work to begin. Here is a sneak peak of things to come in 2019…
- I am set to start trialling my new Ottobock AFO (Ankle-Foot-Orthoses) brace in the next couple of weeks! (https://www.ottobock.co.uk)
- Inspire + School Visits will happen twice a month leading up to June, with more emphasis on training the children to become aware of their thoughts and emotions.
- 24th February – I will be speaking at the Kaizen Human Project (http://kaizen-project.co.uk) about the performance mindset and the supporting environment an athlete needs at the international level.
- I will try again at the Barrel Institute Visceral Manipulation course in February (I couldn’t last year due to rupturing my achilles!) in which I aim to learn how to better treat my clients.
- The annual WCP (World Class Program) meeting will occur in March. It’s a great time for the GB Para team to get together and prepare for the upcoming Dubai World Championships in November.
- In April there is a conference preliminarily planned to take place in Bulgaria. More on that as it develops.
- The 18th April marks a year since the achilles rupture. I aim to be in full swing of jumping by then!
- Warm weather training camp will be in Florida this year! Fantastic facilities will assist my training but more importantly, I will get the chance to prepare my vampiric body for the high heats of Dubai. Preparation starts early.
- Ok…Ed Sheeran is playing in Lisbon in May (a cheeky break away prior to competition season!).
- Competition season begins in June. I will need to ensure that I achieve a qualifying height for the World Championships in Dubai to be selected for the GB team. This I CANNOT wait for.
- The Grantham Mini Olympics courtesy of Inspire + (https://www.inspireplus.org.uk/online/educational/mini-olympics) occurs between the 18th and 20th of June.
- The Sutton Coldfield Community Games (http://suttongames.co.uk/) is due to take place on the 13th and 14th of July. I will aim to run a high jump workshop on one of the days!
- The main event – Dubai World Championships 2019 – is due to take place between the 8th and 15th November. Still a lot of work to do until then, but an exciting year is in session!